Re: old cygwin distributions

Thomas,

While bug reports are appreciated and necessary, the ball remains in your court. If you wait for someone else to address the problem, you may wait a long time.

This is especially true since you're using software that has no Cygwin maintainer. Have you consulted with the development team for "cdrecord?"

If you do some of the diagnostic leg work and report your results here, you're much more likely to get the attention of someone with a meaningful insight leading to a resolution of the problem.

Tools of choice here are gdb and strace, I'd say.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 14:24 2002-11-21, thomas wrote:
Max Bowsher <maxb@ukf.net> wrote:

> Well, theoretically, you could rebuild an older version from cvs. But it
> would probably be easier to help track down the bug and get it fixed.

Oh, I am more than willing to help. [It's] just that no one replied to my bug report yet :)

thomas