Re: old cygwin distributions

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 12:00:07AM +0100, thomas wrote:
>Randall R Schulz <rrschulz@cris.com> wrote:
>>This is especially true since you're using software that has no Cygwin
>>maintainer.  Have you consulted with the development team for
>>"cdrecord?"
>
>cdrecord is contributed, so i guess that counts as 1/4 officialy
>supported :) i did contact the developer of cdrecord, j?rg schilling,
>and as mentioned in my first post he thinks this is a cygwin scheduling
>bug.  in fact he asked me to make a bug report to the mailing list.

And, that's part of the problem.  The words "cygwin scheduling bug" make
very little sense.  Cygwin is not an OS which schedules things.  There
was also a mention of fifos, which doesn't make sense in a cygwin
context.

The bottom line is that I tend to ignore problems where the description
makes no sense.  It's a simple fact of life that we have to pick and
choose what we do if we want to sleep 7 hours a night.

Out of curiousity, have you tried the most recent cygwin snapshot?  I'm
wondering if "scheduling bug" translates into "emacs cygwin is using
100% of my CPU".  That bug is supposed to be fixed in cygwin snapshots.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .