Unable to get Cygwin SSHD to work on Win2000 Pro SP3

Since the original upgrade to OpenSSH3.4p1-5 I have been unable to make the
Cygwin SSHD server work on my Windows 2000 Pro machine SP3.

After several weeks of testing and poking and re-installing, the problem is
the same: I have no clues as to what is wrong!

I can install the package OK.
I can start the SSHD server OK.
BUT if I try to connect to the server from localhost, I get:

(See attached file: localhost.log)

If I try to connect from a RedHat 7.2 machine, I get:

(See attached file: remote.log)

My cygcheck is:

(See attached file: cygcheck.log)

The server /var/log/ssh.log file is empty.

I would appreciate if you all can look at these text files and let me know
what I should do or if you need to look at anything else.

Thank you in advance,

Emilio@lsu.edu