Re: Re: Bug in Cygwin SSHD on windows XP

hi,

thx for the reply.

"Max Bowsher" <maxb@ukf.net> schrieb am 27.11.02 23:34:16:
> arBmind@web.de <arBmind@web.de> wrote:
> > i want to report a serious bug in the current Cygwin SSH-Deamon
> > implementation at Windows XP.
>
> Works for me.

How?

my setup:
- installed fresh winXP pro (including network)
- made some SSH-Users
- installed Cygwin
- ran the instructions from http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html
=> bug as discribed in my former email

> > error message (occurs on SSH-Client):
> >> Last login: Wed Nov 27 21:43:22 2002 from localhost
> >> G:\CygWin\bin\bash.exe: *** could not load wsock32, Win32 error 126
>
> 126 == DLL not found.

as far as i know this happens when:
- no access to the dll
- references the dll depends on are not loaded, or not reachable (depends)

> > how to reproduce this error:
> > - you need windows XP (tested only on XP Professional, while win2k
> > prof works well)
> > - login with public key authorisation (error occurs imediately, no
> > login possible)
> > - login with password authorisation (works), and open another shell
> > or sftp for this session (tested with the current "ssh.com"-client)
>
> Works correctly for me.

that's curious to me...

> Because vague bug reports are all we have. And no-one can reproduce it
> either.

ok. i will install a new dedicated testing system an write a report here, with the detailed instructions. But do not expect it before weekend.

> Try:
> Making sure C:\WINDOWS\system32 is in the system PATH.

contained!

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/usr/bin

> Making sure that 'Everyone' has at least 'Read & Execute' perms on wsock32.dll

'Everyone' has read & execution rights on the dll... as it's the default setup of windows XP, and i did not changed anything there.

with greets and respect
   arBmind