gcj / cygwin / threads

hi,

i am trying to compile a java application using gcj under w98/cygwin. it is a multithreaded non gui server using jdk1.1. with debian it runs perfectly, compiling with gcj under cygwin i get a running java app, but as soon as i use a thread it tells me s.th. about 'threads not available'. so i quickly worte a minimalistic approach src which is listed below and shows the essential of the problem:

---snip
[compiled with]
gcj --main=test -o test.exe -static *.class

[starting in w98 command shell]
>test
hello world
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Thread.start called
but threads not available*
snap---

so i got actual binutils and gcc from gnu and configured gcc using:
./configure --enable-threads=posix --enable-sjlj-exceptions --disable-shared --enable-languages=c++,java

make bootstrap gave me errors.. i continued

compiling the same app again now doesn't work anymore.

does anyone have a way to get a java gcj compiled multithreaded app working with cygwin? what am i doing wrong, or does it just not work?

the test kriteria for me is found under http://www.programmerz.net/download -> zServer [doc in german]

please cc answer eMail since i am not yet subscribed to the mailing list - avoiding traffic when possible

regards and hold up the good work

luigi monaco aka zdys
zdys at zdys dot de

*[demo src]
import java.*;
import java.util.*;

public class test extends Thread{
	private static Date start;
	private static Date end;

	public static void main(String[] given){
		pr("hello world");
		new test();
	}

	public test(){