Re: gcj / cygwin / threads

Hi,

I think you already have your answer: "threads not available"

If, for some reason, Sun's Java tools are unacceptable to you, you'll have to hook up with people of like mind who are working on GCJ and / or Cygwin support for the necessary thread functionality in order to accelerate progress towards the capabilities you want.

However, I fear you will, for the foreseeable future, remain behind the pack in terms of performance and functionality by sticking to a 3rd-party Java runtime (JVM), especially on Java's primary deployment platform. (You know--that big fat OS from that big fat company in Redmond, WA.)

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

P.S. As always, use of your shift key is strongly encouraged.