Newbie setup question

My appologies for this simple question.  Please let me know if this is the
wrong place to ask, but I've been struggling with this for some time now...

I'm trying to use GCC for Palm programming.  I followed the "Installing
prc-tools on MS Windows with Cygwin" instructions,

downloading/installing:
  prc-tools
  prc-tools-arm
  prc-tools-htmldocs
  pilrc
  make
  Palm SDK-4

running:
  mount
  palmdev-prep

System:
  Win2000

Using the downloaded examples, I have been able to compile and run some
very simple code, and get it to run on my Palm emulator, but I run into a
problem when I want to refer to header files within the sdk.  For example,
if I wish to include "PalmOS.h" I get an error message saying that it
cannot be found.

This is the message that I get:
/usr/share/prc-tools/include/PalmOS.h:12: #error No genuine PalmOS.h found

while the installed header file is located in this path:
C:\PalmDev\sdk-4\include

I've tried reinstalling the SDK, then reinstalling the whole works, with no
improvement.  Palmdev-prep gives me feedback indicating eveything is OK,
but it changes nothing.  I must be missing a basic setup step, but I don't
know what it is...

Any ideas?? TIA.

Bob.