Re: Named Sockets

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Julian W H Osborne wrote:
JWHO> I've just ported a server app which uses named sockets to cygwin.
JWHO> Everything works fine within the cygwin environment.
JWHO> What I can't figure out is how
JWHO> to make a windows app access this named socket.

I assume by "named socket", you mean "unix domain socket" ?

IIRC, you simply can't get a non-Cygwin app to talk to a Cygwin unix
socket. They are just too alien to Windows, that Cygwin needs to mediate
both ends of the connection to get them to work.

Max.