RE: ssh tunnel x session - solution

I was having a problem using Xfree and ssh under cygwin.

I want to be able to run a xterm session on a remote cygwin machine on the X
server running on my local cygwin machine.

I can ssh into the remote machine with no problem, and I get an .Xauthority
file, the problem is that the entry has the machine name in CAPITALS, which
causes problems for the X apps.

The following ~/.ssh/rc script fixes the problem, with thanks to Olivier
Baudron:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin;export PATH
if read proto cookie; then

m=`echo $COMPUTERNAME|tr "[:upper:]" "[:lower:]"`

x=`echo -n $DISPLAY | sed -e s/:/\\\\/unix:/|sed -e s/localhost/$m/`

xauth -q add $x $proto $cookie
xauth list
fi

What is strange, is that if you just do a xauth -q $DISPLAY $proto $cookie
then you get an entry that has the machine name in lowercase but without the
/unix.

BTW, I am still having trouble getting this to work on a SCO unix base,
xauth list looks correct, but I always get:

debug1: confirm x11
debug1: X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.
debug1: X11 rejected 1 i0/o0

Very annoying.