Re: /etc/inetd.conf: No such file or directory

> The paragraph you quote would make at least some sense to you
> if you read the User's Guide
> (http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#USING-PATHNAMES specifically
> should help) or perhaps looked at the output of 'mount --help'.
>
> Try it.  You might like it. ;-)

I wish you had addressed my primary question with the similar wit...

Whatever the mount/mapping are doing, somehow, they are different for
the same inetd.exe depending on whether it starts as a service or from
command line.

The actual mapping:

	C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (binmode)
	C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (binmode)
	C:\cygwin on / type user (binmode)

does not suggest any trouble, does it? Why is the inetd.conf not found,
even though both -- the cmd's ``dir'' and CygWin's ls confirm its presense:

	C:\>dir C:\cygwin\etc\inetd.conf
	 Volume in drive C has no label.
	 Volume Serial Number is 07D1-0517

	 Directory of C:\cygwin\etc

	12/16/2002  02:01p               1,973 inetd.conf
		       1 File(s)          1,973 bytes
		       0 Dir(s)  23,927,029,760 bytes free
	mteterin@doofus:~ (439) ls -l /etc/inetd.conf
	-rw-r--r--    1 mteterin unknown      1973 Dec 16 14:01 /etc/inetd.conf

? Thank you,

	-mi