Strange behaviour of gcc

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Tue Dec 24 12:23:00 GMT 2002

Fabrizio,

Now we're back to Max's question: Why does it matter to you?

Stack space is usually far more limited than heap space, which I assume is
what motivates this behavior in the code generator. The programming
language's semantics are maintained. And I challenge you to show a
performance problem because some heap allocations are involved.

Randall Schulz