Newbie questions

rick rickyx@hotpop.com
Sat Jul 6 21:26:00 GMT 2002

Hi all ,

        I was wondering If I can make a program under Linux , using gcc
and GTK , and the same program to be ported to Windows or viceversa ?

Please guys , I'm a newbie in this matter , so I need a litle directions
on this topic  ....

I 'm a confused , What I like to know is : What is better to work ? Gtk+
, QT  , Vxwindows ?

I would like to work with the most easiest cross platform library .....

Can I run an Stand alone (.exe) developed with cygwin under windows  ?

Can I use , Dev++ for example  under windows , and gcc under linux ?

Thanks guys , sorry for my ignorance ,

Regards

Rick