find -regex not working?

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Fri Jul 12 11:59:00 GMT 2002

Glen,

[ Non-Cygwin-specific question and answer. ]

If you want shell-style (a.k.a., "glob") patterns, use find's "-name" or
"-iname" options. When you use "-regexp" you need to use full regular
expressions such as those used by "grep," "egrep," "sed," or Perl.

To get the effect you want, one of these commands is called for:

         find -name "MyFile*"

or

         find -regex "MyFile.*"

Randall Schulz