Re: Minimal xserver-wm-ssh setup

Are you looking for a minimal list of packages required?

I'm an atypical user (I have installed pretty much every available package at one time or another), but for my needs, a base cygwin install works fine after adding:

- openssh
- XFree (get the whole shebang while you're at it, clipboard integration with Windows works fine now)
- WindowMaker

All of these are listed in the setup.exe package list, and work "out of the box", as it were.

Mind you, there are some occasional issues with intricate stuff like X extensions and proprietary apps (we had some trouble getting CiscoWorks and other network management applications to show on a Cygwin X server, but tweaking X resources on the application end solved the problem)

R.

chrisf wrote:

Has anyone figured out  a minimal package install to run
1) ssh client for remote auth       2) a window manager
3)  a xserver for remote applications

I have seen the winxterm project but it only handles XDM

Thanks Chris