RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated cygwin package rxvt-2.7.9-3

Hi,

I gave this a try. The "Next" scroll bars are nice looking, and I've generally been in favor of grouping the scroll arrows at one end of the bar (on the Mac this was an option, possibly using some add-on GUI modification software, I don't recall).

However, what I'm seeing when I enable the Next scrollbars in RXVT (latest release--version 2.7.9) is that holding down on the scroll arrows does not engage continuous scrolling. It just scrolls one line in the appropriate direction then stops.

Also, if I mouse down in the page scrolling area and hold down until the scroll thumb reaches the cursor, stopping the scrolling, it will not start scrolling again if I move the mouse outside in the thumb (in the same direction as the original scroll, of course). Is that deliberate?

I can't see any options mentioned in the man page that should control these behaviors. The latter I could live with, but the former (no auto-scroll when holding the mouse down on the scroll arrows) is onerous and seems to me to be a bug.

By the way, even though there appears to be no command-line options for choosing among the three available kinds of scroll bars, I don't know why the resources file is "far preferable" since only with command line options can you readily have different variations available (by having different shortcuts or start-up scripts to launch RXVT).

Randall Schulz

At 04:26 2003-01-08, Vince Hoffman wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:21:39AM +0000, Rui Carmo wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > just add the line:
> >
> > rxvt*scrollstyle: next
> >
> >  to your ~/.Xresources file.
> >
> > (You might want to run "rxvt --help" or check the man page for
> > other valid resources you can set this way, since it is far
> > preferable to adding command-line switches to rxvt)
> >
> > Works perfectly in Win32 (so much so that people think my
> > laptop is running Linux :))
>
> Does this mean that the option is available only under X ?

No just try it and you'll see it works fine with the non X one.
(well it does for me anyway.)