Re: Setup.exe

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:05:57PM -0600, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>[snip]
>

>> > Isn't the change from downloading to installing info enough?
>>
>> Some people won't notice that.  A larger issue is if you go away and make
>> some tea.  I for one don't stare at setup.exe while it downloads
>> eighty-six megabytes of information on a 33.6K modem.  (I do sit and watch
>> defrag for hours on end though, but that's just me)
>>

>Oh, it ain't just you man, it ain't just you!  Sometimes I even play a little
>game: I try to guess which cluster will be moved next, and where it will be
>moved to.  If I get both right, I win!  YAY!!!!!  It's like watching hundreds of
>chess games all at once at 1000x real-time.  Sublime.

Wow, is this off-topic or what?

However, I can't tell you what a relief it is to hear that I'm not the only
person who does this.  I've tried to get my wife to appreciate the beauty of
a defrag screen but she never does.  And, so, I sit for lonely hours watching
the flashing rectangles while a slow drip of drool escapes from the side of
my mouth.

I admit that sometimes I purposely make random copies of my directories and
delete them, just to purposely defragment the disk so I can watch the visual
display again.

I've been doing this since the early MS-DOS defragmenters.  Do you suppose
there's a support group for this somewhere?

cgf