RE: Setup.exe

>  Maybe I was a bit unclear here; I'm "always" doing other stuff while
> the/any download proceeds in the background. I'd still like to be
> notified(sp) about it having finished, in a sane manner - so I can go on
> typing (or whatever)...
> NOTE THE PROBLEM: Do not pop up an ACTIVE dialog; I would be typing on the
> keyboard, thus possibly ruining it all.

Ah, that's easy then.  Just make the setup.exe title bar flash.  This will
also make the toolbar button (start bar, program bar, whatever) flash too,
so you can still be notified even if setup.exe is hidden behind a bunch of
windows, or minimized.  As sane as it comes and a one-line change.

Also, in response to some questions about Autodial - I think the point I
was trying to make didn't come across.  I wasn't suggesting Windows
doesn't autodial, and I certainly wasn't suggesting that, if Windows does
autodial then it doesn't autohangup.  What I meant was:

If a program tries to access the internet, and Windows DOES autodial, and
the program (while it is still running) stops accessing the internet,
Windows will only autohangup after the timeout.  Therefore what I was
suggesting was a hint to windows to say, look, I've finished with it, hang
up now if you like, don't bother waiting for the timeout.

The reason being that the timeout is usually of the order of a couple
minutes, but if the program running knows it isn't going to need to
connect again, Windows can disconnect saving 120 seconds of phone bill.

However as the original poster pointed out, they DON'T want a popup
message and when Windows prompts to disconnect that's exactly what DOES
happen.  So, forget my autodial discussion because as it transpires that
will solve no-one's problems except my own imagined ones  (I'm not even on
dialup!)

But the flashing titlebar ought to be put in next time someone tweaks the
code, it's a oneliner.