Re: mean & grumpy (cygwin path analysis)

> My configuration problem? Try *your* broken list manager that allows
posting
> from list outsiders!   Pblblblblblt!    I mean, many users, realizing
their mistake
> of using the wrong account, would just resend it under the correctly
subscribed
> address -- perfectly normal list behavior, but nooOOOoooo....  You've just
got
> to be different and set things up to violate normal expectations!  Another
fine
> example of _your_ mean-spiritedness to pick on 'younger' (in cygwin age)
list
> members and just strive to make them %w-R_o=N~g*_!

What so it's the list managers fault? The reason you don't have to subscribe
to this list, I'm guessing, is to make it easier for new user's post here
instead of *forcing* them to sign-up first. If thats being "different" and
violates "normal expectations" then I obviously cannot argue with you on
this matter. If you send a mail to a mailing list, come to realise that you
used the wrong address, do you then go back and send it again even though
it's already got there?

I can see you keep changing your mind... So which is it the broken list
manager or Chris's mean spiritedness?

> > One would have to wonder...
> ---
>
> And what is *that* supposed to mean?  Another veiled attempt to be mean?
>
> You know, I'm onto your game now!  Scientists have found proof of a
grumpiness / meanness gene, ya know!

I think that was referring to why you we're sending duplicates to the list
YA. A lot of things are mean in your opinion aren't they?

> Banning simple HTML formatting in email is like banning magazine layout in
favor of 8.5x11 Courier-typed 'articles'.

When you (and others on the list) sends mails they eventually get processed
by Mhonarc, the archiving software, and the body of the message is placed in
<PRE> tags so even if HTML formatting was allowed it wouldn't get the
desired effect. You will also find that this is not the only list on the net
that doesn't allow mime-encoded mails.

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk