http://www.adamswann.com/library/2001/Cygwin-Inetd.html
>From the cygwin prompt, I can create repositories, check in, check out
files, etc.  I can telnet remotely to that system and connect with my
system login and password (not to cvs - just the system). That all seems
to work just fine.

The problem is in trying to set up my system to behave as a cvs server
with pserver.  If I do a "telnet localhost 2401", I get
"connected to [computername]
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host"

I'm not getting a prompt to login, authorization failures or anything
along those lines.  It just doesn't work - which leads me to believe
that I'm missing an important configuration step.  Suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.  I have scoured the archives and google and just
don't see what I'm missing.

Please help.

Melonie Brown