Re: possible cygwin bug: delays when using pipes

Eugene,

Cygwin 1.3.18
+ Cygwin pipes
+ background, low-priority CPU load
= Long delays in Cygwin pipe I/O

Are you running SETI@home? That seems to be the most popular. It runs at the lowest priority, but still produces this symptom.

I've been ignored every time I pointed this out. I guess those of us who run Cygwin as well as background CPU-soaker apps will have to choose one or the other (or develop considerable patience while using Cygwin).

Randall Schulz