Re: Losing data with routine cp and mv -- "cannot create hard link"

In the absence of responses to my earlier note (below), and
having made a second fruitless search of FAQs and archives,
I'd like to make a second and final attempt with a simpler
question:

   If cp and mv are not reliably copying all of the contents
   of an (apparently) normal directory tree with 89,000 normal
   data files, of 1.4 GB total size, using WIN2000 and NTFS,
   is it most likely due to inherent size limits of cygwin?

If the problems are due to inherent limits, then I can
adjust by copying such big directories in smaller chunks,
as I have already done successfully.  I just want to make
sure that this is in fact the problem.

Thanks,
Tom Baker