Re: using text files unix<->windows<-> macintosh tip

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:46:48PM -0500, - wrote:
>actually there are problems with that, i've noticed and i'm posting
>them...so that's why i did things manually and having to rely on an
>exterior editor if you read my original message carefully.

I read your original message.  You seemed to be working under the
impression that cygwin needs "startup scripts" in order for an editor to
work.  That is not the case.

If you are finding problems then they are either cockpit errors on your
part or there are problems in the installation which need to be
corrected.

Think about it.  What you're saying is essentially "I bought a new car,
brought it home, and then had to take a bus to go buy a new key to make
it run.  This is what everybody who buys a car has to do."

It doesn't make any sense.

cgf