FindFirstChangeNotification BSODs (Re: please try the latest snapshot)

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 12:52:16AM -0500, you [Christopher Faylor] wrote:
> The latest snapshot should fix some /etc handling problems (thanks to
> ideas and code from Pierre Humblet), like the dreaded BSOD.  It may also
> solve the "pipes are slow" problem.  There are also all of the fixes
> accumulated since 1.3.18, of course.
>
> If I don't hear too many whines about this snapshot, it may become
> 1.3.19.

I've got a contact at Microsoft support who is listening about these BSOD
issues (I was quite surprised they actually answered when I submitted a
report on cygwin causing BSODs...). They are not quite keen on installing
the whole cygwin suite (be it free or not), though. However, if some of you
who have played with the /etc FindFirstChangeNotification stuff would have
the time and patience to wrap up a small .exe (preferably with source of
source) that reproduces the problem, I think they would be very interested
(only and assumption based on the pretty good feedback I've gotten so far).

I'm afraid I'm too busy and unversed to do that myself....

-- v --

v@iki.fi