Re: emacs error ad-Orig-documentation called with 5 arguments

Joe,

Joe Buehler wrote:
I think this (long-running) problem has something to do with
the fact that emacs under Cygwin now has unexec().  If you roll
back to emacs 21.2-9 you will not have any problems.
I think I've found the problem: /usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/DOC-21.2.1 seems to be missing a few lines (at line 2406, right before Finvocation-name, to be precise).

I compared the DOC file in Cygwin to the one in a recent Redhat distro, and found a difference at that location (Redhat's includes docstrings for query-fontset etc.).

And, lo and behold, with the DOC-21.2.1 file from Redhat, emacs-X11-21.2-11 works just fine! (unfortunately, emacs-nox becomes slightly broken in the process, though :-( ).

In other words, it seems that "emacs without X" needs a different DOC file from "emacs with X", so it would seem that the correct DOC file needs to be included in the emacs-X11 package.

Hope this helps,

/dan