Re: Home dir is "/"

I've seen this as well, particularly on Win2K systems at work where you use
domain credentials to log into your machine.

Here's what I did to fix it (at the cygwin bash prompt):
$ mkpasswd -d -u myusername >> /etc/passwd

The mkpasswd command creates entries intended for /etc/passwd.  The "-d"
means to get information from a domain (the default domain).  The "-u" means
to use the information for "myusername" in the given domain.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

-Abe