RE: problem accessing tape with tar on NT

Dear Corinna,

it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the blocksize.
I've upgraded my cygwin installation to the very latest, and the problem
seems to have disappeared. So, no worries anymore (I hope).

(The tapes were generated with block size 20. Does that happen to be the
default?).

By the way, you recommend reading /usr/doc/Cygwin/mt.README for the
blocksize.  However, the only lines in that file (or at least the version I
have, which is dated 21 Oct 2001) are
----------
     - This version supports setting blocksize to 0 to enable the variable
       blocksize feature since Cygwin V1.1.3.
----------
No clue what this means.

Thanks for your help