Re: cygwin path problems

Igor, Soren,

At 16:36 2003-01-28, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Soren A wrote:

> Or re-invent that wheel, your choice ;-)
>
>   Soren A

Why, one doesn't have to be a "cygpath" guru at all!  A little judicious
application of sed, and you can turn a space-separated path into a
colon-separated one. Which reduces the problem to the one already
solved... ;-)

Seriously, though, you could use something like
    "`/bin/ls /cdv/D/goodies/babe*.jpg | cygpath -w -f -`"
as the argument.  This should expand all the files.
Did you try that? It doesn't work for me. For one thing, I see no indication in cygpath's "--help" output that an argument of "-" tells it to read a name or names to convert from standard input. Nor will cygpath process multiple files (on the command line) in a single invocation (as you seem to suggest below).

It would certainly be a good idea to add multiple filename capability to
cygpath. If I have time over the next week, I'll submit a patch.

    Igor

And for this case and many similarly simple ones, "tr" will do.

Randall Schulz