Cygwin Compile of NetBSD 1.6

Good Day,

I am attempting to compile NetBSD 1.6 via Cygwin 1.3.19-1 (on Win2k) by issuing the following command:

./build.sh -m shark -u -t

I get the following error:

$ ./build.sh -m shark -u -t
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for sh... /usr/bin/sh
checking for gcc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

ERROR: configure of nbmake failed
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

Could this be a missing shared library? Searched about and found some references to this with similar postings, also found some reference to bash possibly having some trouble.

Wanted to know if anyone else has come arcoss this, or may point me in a direction I have not yet traveled.

Thank you for your time,
Christos