Re: less 378 still not anchoring to \<word\>

Max Bowsher wrote:

> f wrote:
> > I just reinstalled "less" from the cygwin site.
> > It still doesn't seem to anchor to word boundaries
> > using regex(3) rules i.e. \<SomeWord\> doesn't
> > match anything, as does <SomeWord>.   I read
> > a posting suggesing a solution by using perl
> > syntax (apparently):
> >
> >     /\bSomeWord\b
> >
> > That works, but is there a known reason why
> > the regex notation doesn't work?
>
> Because less is linked with pcre(3), not regex(3).
>
> Max.

Thanks, Max.  The posting I saw did indeed mention
linking Perl, but I thought that meant added
features rather than different syntax.  It looks
like I better accelerate my picking up of Perl.

Fred

--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics