Re: HELP Accessing DB2 from CYGWIN!

Ramana,

To access DB2 under cygwin you need value of variable DB2CLP (db2
commandline processor).
How you get/set that?
Easy:
  - launch 'db2cmd' from run menu (which opens a DOS-like command window),
or issue C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\bin\db2cmd from a DOS window
  - in command window issue: echo %DB2CLP%
  - note that this temporary env variable changes whenever a new db2cmd
command is issued.
  - create new SYSTEM environment variable with same name & value (My
Computer - Properties - Advanced - Environment Variables...)

add to PATH variable (if it's not already there): e.g.
C:\Progra~1\SQLLIB\BIN (for UDB v7x)

Now you can access db2 seamlessly from within cygwin, just like on unixes
(such as AIX).

Hans

p.s. what I have described above works under Win2k (UDB v7.x) and WinXP (UBD
v8x); I'm not sure about Win9x/ME vintages