From: Samir Gupta samir.gupta@Barra.COM
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:18:53 -0800
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: looking for what is hopefully a simple answer for someone
trying to use EMACS in cygwin

Hello,

Yes, that is what I am trying to do.  However, I would like emacs to open up
in a separate window from the prompt window.

to open up my tcsh I am running:
rxvt -e tcsh

then, from the tcsh prompt:

1) If I type "emacs" I get the error I pasted below (if the enviornment
variable DISPLAY is set).
2) If I type "emacs" and the environment variable DISPLAY is not set, then
emacs opens up in the current window.
3) If I type "emacs -nw", then regardless of whether or not DISPLAY is set,
emacs opens up in the current window.

But I can't get emacs to open up in its own window....!