RE: whereis telnet?

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:17:31AM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
> >Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >>Maybe we should be making Cygwin setup harder to use, not easier.
> >>Sure, some people will complain, but Cygwin will have a much more
> >>robust user base...
> >
> >Hmm.  I *like* this idea! :-)
>
> Well, *I* don't.  But, possibly that's because I didn't think of it
> first.  :-)
>
> I agree that cygwin users seem to be getting both more helpless and
> more entitled.
>
> One theory of mine is that I keep tweaking the web pages when I notice
> common problems.  I've probably added enough words to the web page that
> people are thinking "No way am I going to read that!  I'll just send
> email to postmaster!"  Btw, cygwin email to postmaster is also at an
> all time high...
>
> cgf

I'm tellin' you guys, Cyppy is the solution to this and all other problems.  He
could have his own list, cyppy@.  He could be a perl script that regex's the
incoming mail, eg. ".*it[[:space:]]worked[[:space:]]in[[:space:]]B20.*", and
send back an answer straight from the FAQ along with an autographed copy of that
ASCII rendition of himself.  Or even an honest-to-God JPG if they send HTML.
Everybody wins!

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.