Re: cron and network drives

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:

Juraj.Lenharcik@t-systems.com wrote:

Hi,

is there a possibility to reach the network drives with cron. My
scripts work fine and can reach the network drives when I execute them
from command line. With cron there is no effect. Is there a
possibility to copy some file from cygwin to a network (windows)
drive, without modifieing the network computer (like ssh, etc.)?

Can I get cron to work with network drives?
Only if you make them publically accessible.

We need an entry in the FAQ about the inaccessiblity of network shares
from Cygwin run services.

FWIW, it's in the User's Guide:
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#NTSEC-RELEASE1.3.3>
	Igor
Thanks Igor.  I'll ask David if he can add this verbiage to the FAQ
too.