Re: How to make dos windows bring up BASH automatically

Max,

At 08:04 2003-02-16, Max Bowsher wrote:
Steve wrote:
> I have set up my path so that I can type "bash" in any dos window and
> get bash.
>
> I would like to set this up to be automatic, such that whenever I
> activate a window for dos, that dos window comes up with the command

Please explain what you mean by this.

> to switch to bash already executed.
It sounds as if when there already is a window running BASH Steve wants that window to be brought to the front when he invokes a "bash" command rather than having a new window running a new BASH created.

I'd be interested in knowing how this could be accomplished short of writing some special COM code or something (partly out of idle curiosity, partly 'cause sometimes I'd like to do similar things, though not usually with a shell).

Max.

Randall Schulz