Re: An apology...

Elfyn McBratney wrote:

Not everyone here uses a sparkly gui app (oex) so not everyone will have access to a news-reader. It is however, more likely that they will have access to a mail-client, tho.
Never quite understood the "not have access to a newsreader" argument. IIRC many of them are free. For example, I use Netscape for both mail and news reading. It's free and works well. Is Outlook Express free? I don't know - I hate both Outlook and Outlook Express. Then there's Free Agent that I hear about. I assume it's free but I'm not sure. And isn't there GNUS... And hasn't anybody ported things like tin and trn to Cygwin yet! :-) IMHO getting a news reading client is no harder than getting an email reading client.

YMMV.