Re: [avail for test] libtool-devel-20030216-1

Charles Wilson wrote:
> I've updated libtool-devel to the 20030216 CVS, plus a rewritten
> win32_libid() function that should speed up linking libraries that
> have many dependencies.
>
> So, test and enjoy; I will probably make this the official cygwin
> libtool-devel very soon.  Unless there are significant bugs reported,
> I do not expect to update our libtool-devel again until libtool-1.5 is
> released, which may be in a month -- or it may be in June.  For now, I
> am happy with the status of libtool-devel (the friendly error message
> is just a simple cosmetic fix; I'm too swamped right now to worry
> about cosmetics; functionality only.)
>
> [IMPORTANT]
> Translation: this will be the basic behavior of official libtool-1.5
> on cygwin.  If you don't like it, now is the time to yell.

I've discovered something which is only a problem when doing a
CC='gcc -mno-cygwin' compile - namely, that the new wrapper executables do
execv("/bin/bash",...), which quite obviously, msvcrt doesn't understand.

Now, I don't think that many people do weird cross-compile tricks, and this
issue probably should not block a new Cygwin release of libtool, but I just
wanted to raise the issue. I can't think of any good solution to it, either.

Max.