Re: An apology...

Danilo

You know the saying, "If things can go wrong, they *?!"*:$*! will", well in
an infuriating way, they did...

You now know now that I've not experienced mailing lists before. So I've
never had to filter mails before. That's one part of the story...

When I sign up to a newsgroup I automaticaly put NO_SPAM in my email address
to make it more difficult for spammers using email address harvesters (see
www.samspade.com). That's the 'trip wire' set ...

So Gmane needs to communicate via email which in the context of my
experience with *newsreaders* is unusual, so Gmane couldn't communicate with
me; I wasn't expecting it to, so silence was the 'norm'...

And then a fault was found with the Gmane server that posts to cygwin
mailing list, first Gmane wasn't accepting my posts, and second it was
forwarding them...

So as you see, it was all a *simple* misunderstanding... ;-(

Regards
Stephen