Re: rxvt dialog at shutdown suggests failure to exit due to ssh-agent?

Thank you for the suggestion.

David Starks-Browning wrote:

On Wednesday 19 Feb 03, Jim Kleckner writes:
[snip]
If *all* shells source that line, then you have the problem that the
first one to exit will kill ssh-agent, and maybe you don't want that.
You could put something a bit more sophisticated in your .bash_profile
(or whatever) to identify a "master" shell, depending on your
requirements.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what keychain is for - to start the agent in one shell and then share access from many shells. I start up and shut down many rxvt/bash shells during the day without having to provide my passphrase. Stopping the agent with keychain is easy by just typing "keychain -k". I forget to do that just about every time.

This is not a big problem.  I just thought someone
might know how to "strongly detach" the process while
at the same time allowing stdin interaction for the
passphrase.

Jim