RE: Seg fault in home-built mutt

> I managed to get mutt built at the weekend such that
> the dotlock stuff was external. The build I made was
> as follows:

[snip]

> Everything seemed to be fine until I got an email
> with some attachments, which caused a segmentation
> fault. Curious, I switched to the standard build,
> which did not give me the same problem. I'm
> reluctant to post the email which it borks on for
> obviosu reasons, and I can't reproduce it with
> fake data. Apart from that everything's just dandy.
> Has anyone else seen anything like this? Have an
> idea about what might cause it or how I can go
> about getting some more info?

I haven't built mutt... uhm... well... since I released -1 :-(.  Lemme try it
here quick...

...well it configures OK...

...hmmm, lemme check the Dell website...

...OK, it died.  I'm getting:

  regex.o(.text+0x191f):regex.c: undefined reference to `_btowc'

Don't know what that's all about.

> BTW, Gary, I tried to get my build to be
> +USE_GNU_REGEX as yours but couldn't get it (I
> forget now exactly what the problem was). What
> are the exact ./configure options that you use,
> please?

I use the following in my "makemutt" build script, which I thought I included in
the src package:

export PREFIX=/usr

export MAILPATH=/var/spool/mail

OPTS="--with-mailpath=/var/spool/mail --with-regex --enable-pop --enable-imap --
enable-locales-fix --with-ssl \
--enable-buffy-size \
--enable-external-dotlock \
--prefix=/usr \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--libexecdir=\$(sbindir) \
--localstatedir=/var \
--datadir=\$(prefix)/share \
--with-docdir=${DIR_INST_DOC} \
"

...where "DIR_INST_DOC=/usr/doc/mutt".  makemutt is attached.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.