to use dup() in cygwin

Hi! and sorry my english,

I've a server in Linux and Unix and it works perfectly, but when I compile

the same code in Cygwin, it doesn`t send the data to the socket, I use the

dup() comand.

this is part of the program what, I repeat, works well in linux and unix
(sun, HP)

/*close the display exit and send it to the socket*/

    close(1);
    iError=dup(iDescSock);

    if (iError==-1)
        {

        return(EEXECCOM);
        }

    sprintf(pcComando,"EjecutarComando_VB.ksh.%s",pcNombreAux);
    iError=system(pcComando);

    if (iError==-1)
        {
        fprintf(stderr,"Error en llamada a ejecutar");
        return(EEXECCOM);
        }

what have I to do this in cygwin and it works.

Thank you.

        Fernando