Re: GPL Violation

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:42:36PM -0500, Gerald S. Williams wrote:
>I wrote:
>> There is another side to this issue: the fact that RedHat is
>> not in the business of supporting a standalone cygwin1.DLL,
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>I knew that I shouldn't have touched that one yet...
>
>I'm assuming that the standalone DLL that RedHat IS in the
>business of supporting (i.e., if you paid them for it) is
>called something else (otherwise, never mind...).

The standalone DLL that we support is cygwin1.dll.  We don't support
it for free, however, as much as people want us to.

Much of the email to the commercial side of the house for cygwin comes
from people who want us to help them figure out the best way to
circumvent the GPL and our licensing requirements.  I've always found
this odd.  It's like going to the police to get information on the
best way to rob a bank.

cgf