Re: Dumper.exe problems

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:52:56PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>"dumper.exe" is part of the "cygwin" package:
><http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=bin%2Fdumper.exe>
>
>There were some problems in the past with rebuilding from source tarballs
>(you'll need at least the w32api source package).  You might want to
>search the list for build instructions.  Alternatively, you could build
>from CVS and save yourself the headache (at the risk of getting a whole
>different one, of course)... ;-)

The FAQ has build instructions.  I recently removed the absolute
w32api-must-be-in-winsup requirement but there is still no guarantee
that the cygwin DLL will build without the latest w32api.

>OTOH, dumper.exe should not have too many dependences outside of its
>directory, so this may be simpler than rebuilding the whole cygwin source
>tree.

Dumper.exe is probably the only utility in winsup to have dependencies
outside of its directory.  It relies on binutils, too.

cgf