Re: mem allocation / heap_chunk

Max Bowsher wrote:

Fabrice Marchal wrote:

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:

Fabrice Marchal wrote:

Randall R Schulz wrote:

Fabrice,

It would seem that the answer is right there on the page you
referenced. You can script a change to that registry entry via the
Cygwin regtool script. You can do this in an install or
post-install script or upon each invocation of your application,
providing it's invoked via a script.

I can write a script, but then it would require to install cygwin
and bash (and maybe other things) for the
end-user, while at the moment I just provide the cygwin.dll. I was
looking for something that uses the
cygwin_XXX API.

There is no Cygwin API. You might be able to do something with
/proc/registry eventually. Of course, you can always use Win32 APIs.

If I try to change the /proc/registry/.. ../Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb
file, it is an Administrator owned file and cannot be overwritten by
a user. Is the /proc/registry directory created each time a cygwin
program starts?

No. It's a virtual directory. It's also read only. Use regtool.

Max.

Is there any other way around without installing cygwin (I mean just having
cygwin1.dll of course) and without using regedit to do the job?

fabrice

Fabrice Marchal http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~fmarchal fabrice dot marchal at ieee dot org fmarchal at inf dot ethz dot ch +41-(0)1-632-56-79
ETH Zurich, Computational Science and Engineering FAX:+41-(0)1-632-17-03