Re: Testsuite as a package (was: Re: Was that the sound of a snapshotgoing off?)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > There is no *need* for a separate package - but it would make life
> > easier for those who want to help regression testing.
> And it would be extra work for Chris. I don't think performing a CVS
> checkout is that hard.
I'll write a script that does what's needed to apply the testsuite to the
currently-installed Cygwin DLL - it's not that hard either.

> > I never said it was a necessity - or even implied it. I said "wouldn't
> > it be great if" (or WIBGI for short). I think it would be a good idea
> > to have a separate testsuite that I can just install & run whenever a
> > new snapshot gets launched. I think it will be of help to signal
> > regressions and I want to be of help if I can. I *know* not having a
> > license disclaimer does not deprive me of CVS access - I also know
> > that I don't want to have to compile Cygwin every time I want to run
> > the test suite - and the test suite as is just happens to depend on
> > new-cygwin1.dll (to test a just-compiled Cygwin DLL).
> Why *don't* you want to compile Cygwin when you run the testsuite?
> "../src/configure && make", wait a while, all done.
Because I want to test the snapshot Chris wanted to have tested - not some
random build after the snapshot was made.

But, I guess the conclusion of this thread is that it wouldn't be great if

OK, I can live with that :)

rlc