Re: Permission denied calling configure on Win95

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 05:06:23PM +0100, karim Hamed-Abdelouahab wrote:
>Well, I used setup.exe to download and install all the packages from the
>cygwin.com web page. ;-) And I found the needed DLL in the same path where
>is the "sed.exe" executable.
>Do I have to reinstall all the packages?

Did I say that you had to reinstall all of the packages?  I mentioned installing
one dll since you said that a DLL is missing.  Now you are saying that it exists,
which changes the equation.

I guess we have to drop back to standard bug reporting techniques as
outlined at http://cygwin.com/bugs.html .

Before you do that, however, you might want to try this:

cd /
chmod -R a+r .
chmod -R a+x bin sbin usr/sbin usr/local/bin lib/gcc-lib

If you get errors from the "a+x" line above that's ok.

If things still don't work, then please follow the directions in the above
URL.