Re: New user / CD installation problems

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw at birdseye dot view dot net dot au>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:52:45 +1030 (CST)
Subject: New user / CD installation problems

1.  Cygwin is very slow.  Remarkably so.  I guess this might be just
    how it is when a Unix environment is being emulated by Microsoft
    Windows, but I haven't seen it (the slowness) alluded to in this
    list, so maybe not.
common problems, often alluded to on this list (if you mean taking over twice the time of linux):

running McAfee or the like in the mode where it scans each command for virus each time it is executed

bad network path setup

unnecessary background jobs

Tim Prince