RE: cygwin archive? (previous versions for fallback)

>From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu]
>On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Jason Tishler wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> However, Cygwin setup.exe's cache should have all previous versions
>> installed including PostgreSQL unless one deletes them.
>Hence, the old
>> PostgreSQL version should still have been available for the pg_dump
>> phase.
>>   Jason
>
>Not if it's not present in the newly downloaded setup.ini, I don't
>think...

No, unless the user takes steps to clean out the download directory (with
Michael Chase's clean_setup.pl script, for example) all previously
downloaded tarballs persist.

Being able to installing one of those previous tarballs with setup is
another story, though.  One way that I know of is to force setup to put the
packages of interest into the Misc category.

Regards,
Chris