Re: Installing cygwin NOT from web

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, <Simon Patrick Joseph Ingram> wrote:
> I am trying to install cygwin on my computer at home, but I currently
> don't have an internet connection. I have been trying to work out what
> files I need to download for a full installation, but the website is not
> clear.
> Could you possibly confirm for me whether or not I need any files other
> than setup.exe to install cygwin?
Setup.exe is the installer, but does not contain any of the packages - it
is just the program you need to install the packages and set up the
registry. You need the tarballs of each of the packages you want to
install in order to .. install them.

There have recently been quite a few discussions on how to set up a
"local" installation tree to burn onto a CD. Have a look at the archives
of last month to find out more on how to do this.

rlc