Re: How to use ssmtp ?

/ a12 <a12 at swipnet dot se> wrote:
| Olaf,
|
| Thank you for your hint.
|
| echo test|ssmtp -s test recipient at domain dot com
| does send a mail.
|
| The From: field contains 'sys [sys at mail dot xyz dot com]'. As I want to
| contains it 'sys at rrback', I enter:
| echo test|ssmtp -fsys at rrback -s test recipient at domain dot com
| and it works as expected.
|
| The To: field is empty. How do I set it ?
| The Subject: field is empty. How do I set it ?

You put To: and Subject: as the first lines of what you send in to
ssmtp, and have one empty line to the body. Like:

-----------------------
To: someone at somewhere
Subject: Testing

Here comes the message

| How do I send a file ?

One easy way, "uuencode file | ssmtp", my way, I use uuenview to take
care of the encoding, formatting and so on.

I think.. :-)

The manpage contains an example or two..

    /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!