Re: two problems w/ new perl encountered

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> >   This wouldn't be so bad, because perldoc does work, sort of.  For a while now,
> >   however, it's terminfo entry has been screwed up - rather than intelligent curses
> >   effects, I get the expanded escape sequences.  Man works okay.

> Not the fault of perl (I believe!), it works well as perl was built
> and after upgrading cygwin to some later version than 1.3.12 it
> doesn't work without this problem.  Do you have a guess how to fix it?

Didn't the default options of less change?

        export PAGER='/bin/less -R';

helped me with perldoc. I've forgotten if I was also having problems
with man, however.

--
Greg Matheson                I have an elaborate mnemonic for
Dr Bean's Penpal Pool        remembering what day it is. It's